To the nominees in the U2UG Election, as well as the incoming President,
Let me first state that I’m extremely appreciative of the time and effort that the members of the U2UG Board have and are putting in for the benefit of the community. For a community to be sustained and grow, the community needs leaders to give it direction, to foster innovation and to support facilities that enable the community to learn, share and interact.
Without a community of active developers and product champions, a development stack will stagnate, no new solutions will emerge and hence employment opportunities for those skilled in the stack will eventually diminish.
So it makes sense that when we have the privilege of voting for community leaders, an educated decision based not only upon their credentials, but the direction they aspire to lead the community in, that we should make the most of out.
For these reasons I have a few questions for the two gentleman who have nominated for Vice President (Charles Barouch & David Jordan). Understanding the incoming President’s (Laura Hirsh) thoughts on these questions would be also be beneficial.
- What do you see as the most important role of the U2UG?
- How do you see the “International User Group” supporting existing local user groups and helping establish new local user groups?
- What specifically do you think will increase the active member-base of the U2UG and how do you intend to monitor this?
- What do you think can be done to attract new developers & ISVs to U2 and where do you see the role of the U2UG in this?
- What do you hope to achieve by the end of this term if you are elected and how do you see it benefiting the community? How will you measure your success in this?
I understand this is a lot of questions to answer in the short time before the voting closes, but your answers will us understand vote exactly we are voting for.
PS: Should the two nominating for ‘Member at Large’ wish to answer, their thoughts would be greatly appreciated as well.